Fugitive Arts is a collaborative, transient curatorial project dedicated to promoting experimental art and emerging artists in Western Massachusetts. Our goal is to create innovative, accessible, and engaging arts programming through exhibitions, publications, and public events. Fugitive Arts is organized by Esther S White & Trevor Powers.
Recent projects include:
- 2×3: A Generative Artwork Residency Project; collaborative curatorial project investigating generative artwork, artists books, and the photocopier as a printmaking tool, and the exhibition space as incubator. August 2016 at the A.P.E. Gallery in Northampton, MA.
- Northampton Print and Book Fair, juried exhibition of small publishers and artists. October 2015, 2016, 2017 at the A.P.E. Gallery, supported in part by the Northampton Arts Council and an MCC Festivals grant.
- The Reading Room: Interactive Artists’ Book and Zine Exhibition; pop-up exhibition of artists’ books and zines, featuring 12×12 box set of artists’ books. November 2015 at Eastworks in Easthampton, MA.
- Memory Full cell phone photozine and slideshow. August 2015 at Captain Jacks in Easthampton, MA. More information: http://trevorpowers.net/memory-full and http://www.fugitivearts.org/memory-full
- The Politics of the Print Shop, curatorial incubator investigating the potential of small publishing as a collaborative tool. Summer 2015 at Flying Object, Hadley, MA.
More information: fugitivearts.org